A woman’s love for diamond Mangalsutras is the best definition of eternal love. Whether you are a minimalistic person or someone who loves large statement jewelry pieces, diamond Mangalsutras are the first choice when it comes to selecting a modern Mangalsutra design. Diamond Mangalsutra is the one that perfectly enhances the elegance, beauty and personality of the wearer.
Mangalsutra - the most sacred love symbol of Hindu culture - has significantly transformed in recent years. The traditional gold Mangalsutra designs with large gold pendants have transformed into minimal and modern Mangalsutra designs with different celestial patterns, geometrical patterns, floral patterns, etc.
What is a Mangalsutra?
Mangalsutra is a combination of two different Sanskrit words, “Mangal,” which means auspicious, blessed, sacred, pure, etc. and “Sutra”, which means a thread. On the whole, Mangalsutra means an auspicious thread. But in Hindu culture, a Mangalsutra’s importance is much beyond our imagination.
The traditional gold Mangalsutra is believed to be originated in the southern parts of ancient India, where the ancestors used to weave 108 fine cotton threads into one, cover it with a paste of turmeric and saffron and then add a gold pendant with an engraving of the respective groom’s family gods and goddesses.
The sacred thread, Mangalsutra, is then tied around the bride’s neck by the groom, and they are officially known as a couple, official husband and wife.
Importance of Mangalsutra
As we discussed previously, a Mangalsutra is not just a sacred thread for Hindus. A Mangalsutra holds both emotional and cultural importance in Hindu marriages.
- The Mangalsutra is a beautiful symbol of the special bond between a husband and wife. It's a reminder of the love, trust, and commitment to each other that they made on their wedding day. It's a precious piece of jewelry that holds great significance in their lives.
- The black beads used in the Mangalsutra have many protective and pious properties in Hindu culture.
- For some, the auspicious tread is not just a Mangalsutra but an ornament that drives evil away from the bride and the family and brings fortune to the family.
- The Mangalsutra is a really important piece of jewelry that carries a lot of meaning for couples and their community.
- The Mangalsutra is a special item often handed down from generation to generation, keeping family traditions and heritage alive.
Power of Mangalsutra
The Mangalsutra holds more importance than just being a religious and traditional symbol. Pure gold is the recommended material for its construction and should be worn beneath your attire. Ayurvedic literature even attests to the therapeutic effects of pure gold, particularly for the well-being of your heart.
- It is a fact that there is a scientific reason behind the tradition of wearing a Mangalsutra. The gold and black bead materials utilized in this wedding necklace possess magnetic properties that attract positive energy and good health for the couple's future.
- Wearing a Mangalsutra made of pure gold is believed to be essential for maintaining good cardiac health. The Mangalsutra must touch the skin over the heart to attract cosmic waves from around, which help in promoting a long-lasting, happy and healthy relationship between the couple.
- Wearing a gold Mangalsutra is not just about completing your bridal look. It can provide significant health benefits as well! It has the potential to regulate your blood pressure and safeguard you against related diseases.
- In addition to these health benefits, wearing a Mangalsutra daily helps you enhance your immune system and boost your overall well-being by promoting energy flow.
- Apart from being a traditional love symbol, Mangalsutra is also known as a symbol of divine feminine energy, Shakti.
- Wearing the Mangalsutra is a way to honor and invite positive energy. It represents the powerful qualities of strength, grace, and nurturing that are associated with goddesses.
- The Mangalsutra serves as a crucial symbol of the unbreakable bond between a husband and wife, elevating their spiritual and emotional connection to a higher level.
- Wearing it is believed to bestow the couple with a lasting and fulfilling marriage, reinforcing their unwavering commitment to each other.
- The black beads used in the gold Mangalsutra are believed to save the bride and her family from evil eyes and negative energy.
After knowing all these, we can conclude that Mangalsutra holds great significance in Hindu culture. Mangalsutra is the most sacred love symbol anyone can wear or acquire. Mangalsutra is also the most cherished treasure in every Hindu family, passed from generation to generation.
Mangalsutras have changed a lot in recent times, the latest modern Mangalsutra designs are worth owning. Find these best diamond Mangalsutra designs at Facet of Love and enhance your overall look.